Thursday, November 8, 2007

Election Night Update

I mentioned in a previous post that the reporting of the county's election results was slow on Election Night and that Andy Reilly was going to look into why.

I blamed the county's IT department. But I am now told the mistake was not their's but occured at the hands of someone in the Election Bureau who failed to reset the computer after trial run earlier in the week.

I was told it shouldn't happen again.

Additionally, I am told the the IT department did an excellent job setting up the wireless wi-fi for reporters who were in the vicinity election eve. The system worked flawlessly much to delight and appreciation of the working press that night.

Kudos to everyone in data processing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home