Thursday, May 7, 2009

Aborting Choice

With Arlen Specter's defection and a possible filibuster-proof majority, George McGovern worries his party could push through the Employee Free Choice Act. The act is well named because it would do what pro-choices are for, abort the negotiating process and kill the rights of both management and labor.

Money Q:
My perspective on the so-called Employee Free Choice Act is informed by life experience. After leaving the Senate in 1981, I spent some time running a hotel. It was an eye-opening introduction to something most business operators are all-too familiar with -- the difficulty of controlling costs and setting prices in a weak economy. Despite my trust in government, I would have been alarmed by an outsider taking control of basic management decisions that determine success or failure in a business where I had invested my life savings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home