Tuesday, October 27, 2009

E-Mail of the Week

Mr. Spencer,

Although an avid reader of the times and your column, I have never written in. After reviewing your column in Sundays paper, I felt compelled to say thank you. It seems as though if you have money, fame and power, you have to play by no rules. I was and remain disgusted at anyone who defends Mr. Polanski and his cowardly efforts to escape justice in the U.S. I don't know him, never really heard of him other than this case and quite frankly it wouldn't matter if I did.

I've read about his crime and he should pay. I wonder if the same people who are defending him would defend a murderer who was able to escape the law for more than 20yrs.

It's almost like crime has an expiration (date). Has everyone forgotten this guy took a plea and then disappeared in the night like the coward he's continuing to show himself to be.

Here's a suggestion, how about finally taking real responsibility for your crimes and do the time.

But again, a heart felt thank you for your ariticle. I find your articles to be both heart felt and enlightening.

Side note, has anyone ever told you you resemble Bob Knight?

Leonard N Staples


Mr. Staples,

Thanks for reading and the note.
As for my resemblence to Bobby Knight, I have only been told that once... by a referee at whom I threw a chair.

Cheers

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Bohne said...

You know, I always thought you looked like Daryl Dawkins.

October 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home