Friday, February 12, 2010

Preferring Liberty to "Progress"

No, it's Give Me Liberty AND Give Me Texts.

My print column is up.


Blogger steve mcdonald said...

haa haa, thanks for the mention Gil. While it is a little odd for me to want the "bigger government" in this case, I believe this issue to be common sense, and I don't need any studies to tell me what I already know - texting is a clear distraction to driving. Ever text on your own? Whenever I do so, it usually takes my full attention to make sure my regular mis-types are minimal. I don't want to imagine attempting it on Route 1 or 476!

Of course, the 'crack' mention was sarcastic, for those who may question it.

February 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM 
Blogger Bob Bohne said...

Gil - Here's a quote a famous local columnist "You have to be pretty stupid to text and drive."
Sound familiar? Hint - read your posts from "don't yak and drive." Whats even dumber than texting and driving? How about texting and driving during a blizzard! Thank you for making my case.

February 12, 2010 at 9:16 PM 
Blogger Spencerblog said...

Bob - Shhhhh. I was kidding.

February 13, 2010 at 7:46 AM 
Blogger Spencerblog said...

... about actually texting during the blizzard

February 13, 2010 at 7:47 AM 
Blogger Bob Bohne said...

Gil - I was just kidding too....... about the famous columnist thing.

February 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home