Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meet a Delco Patriot

My print column is up.

For another view here is an hilarious example of progressive media bias and bad journalism.

Meet Philadelphia Weekly's Jonathan Valania, the "intrepid reporter" who "infiltrated" a meeting of the Delaware County Patriots, one of those scary tea party groups everyone's talking about.

Billed as a "journey into the heart of the paranoid strain of American politics," Valania portrays himself as having risked life and limb to go undercover to attend one of the group's meeting at the Media Inn.

A sample:
To pass for a Tea Party type I needed to make some changes—these people may be crazy-mad, but they ain’t stupid. I needed to look more like I live in the suburbs and less like I hang out at The POPE, and so goodbye skinny black jeans and Timberlands, hello dad jeans, Adidas sneaks and ball cap. I debated shaving off the indie-rock beard, but decided it would give me a faintly Unabomber-esque countenance that just might tickle the Tea Partiers’ anti-gummint bone. Next, I needed an alias since my name is too easily Googled-back to an unmistakably liberal paper trail. To keep things simple, I decided to just add another ‘n’ and drop the last ‘a’ on my surname: Valanni. Easy enough to remember, but different enough to throw off Google, plus I could simply claim poor penmanship if my true identity was somehow detected and things turned ugly.


Things turned ugly alright. These monsters listen to Glen Beck, watch Fox News, think government should live within its means and eat brownies.

How did get "Valanni" get out of Media alive?

1 Comments:

Blogger steve mcdonald said...

made the critical mistake of watching "The Chris Matthews Show" this morning on NBC, they were discussing whether or not someone from the Tea Party will attempt an assassination or a bombing and were invoking examples like McVeigh. After watching this pathetic drivel, I don't want to hear anything about Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc, shows like this show that the playing field is truly LEVEL.

April 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home