Monday, November 7, 2011

More Chevy Volt Issues

(Posted by Dannytheman)

Since I drive a Chevy Silverado with a nice big V-8 engine, I rarely complain about gas prices. I make adjustments to my budget as needed to keep the big beast on the road.
But Chevy Volt owners, or the few that have purchased them, are having some issues you may not know about.

After a house fire in Mooresville, NC which started in the home's garage was traced the the area near a charging station for an electric vehicle, WSOC-TV reported that Duke Energy, which installed the Siemens built charging station, has warned customers to not use similar units while the investigation into the fire proceeds. When fire investigators went through the burned out garage, they found a Chevy Volt plugged into the 240 volt station, the second garage fire reportedly involving a Volt.

Chevy Volt Fail!

While I openly admit my shock at this possible over-site in the charging of a electric car, I was also caught up in the value of the home that was lost.
You see the amount placed on damage to this home was $800,000 dollars.  The pictures I saw of the house showed me to be still standing, and it being in Moorseville, NC., leads me to believe it well worth over a million.
More
on house here.  My follow up thought is not related to the fire.

Why are we giving $7500 dollar discounts, off the $41,000 sticker price, to people who live in million dollar + houses?

What type of electricity charges a car in Mooresville, North Carolina you might ask?  COAL!!  
Some things you just can't make up!!







5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who runs this paper? This guys an idiot.

November 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM 
Blogger Dannytheman said...

I'm pretty sure Dannytheman wrote this factual piece, in fact I am sure "I" did! Nice to have a fan!!

I forgot to post my signature.

November 7, 2011 at 4:37 PM 
Blogger Dannytheman said...

Thank you!!!

November 7, 2011 at 5:59 PM 
Blogger jake said...

Congrats Danny, your first hate mail.

November 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM 
Blogger Dannytheman said...

Feeling the love, Jake, feeling the love!!!

November 7, 2011 at 7:17 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home