Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Christmas Story

So before 9 a.m. this morning I am on my way to pick up Jake Spencer for Christmas breakfast. The traffic was light but driving down Route 352 through Middletown I spotted a Media police car coming the other way at a pretty good clip. I immediately thought that it was too bad that on Christmas morning there was an emergency that required police attention. But as the car sped by I noticed the driver was wearing a Santa's hat. I took that to be a pretty good sign that whatever the emergency was it involved something Christmasy.

I called Mrs. Spencerblog to tell her about what I'd just seen and it put her in mind of something she herself had witnessed an hour earlier.

She'd gotten up early to take a client's dogs for a Christmas morning walk. In the woods she looked up to find a hawk looking down at her from a tree. They exchanged eye contact and a moment later the hawk took off.

"He was carrying a squirrel in his talon as he flew away," my wife said. "Ewwww!"

 "That's a nice story," I replied. "Was the squirrel wearing a Santa's hat?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Bohne said...

My Christmas story - After exchanging gifts with my step daughter and grand daughters in NJ, I decided to end the night with a visit to my friend Vince, who holds court every night at the Cliff Side Tavern. There were about 5 people in the bar, all pretty hammered. Someone had ordered Chinese takeout, and it had just arrived. One of the regulars grabbed an egg roll out of the bag, another opened up a small condiment cup and offered him a dip. Wasabi. He lit up like a Christmas tree! He was wearing a Santa hat. A good laugh was had by all! Merry Christmas.

December 25, 2011 at 10:54 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice story man. I also have a story like that to share. One snowing day I went out to get some firewood into a nearby wood. As I was walking into deeper suddenly I saw a man that I have never seen before. I was slowly reaching him. The man was coming towards me. He stopped and asked me weather I know a place call Zorana. I replied "No". Then he said he wants to find Blue Sapphire, Pink Sapphire and Sapphire Rings and more sapphires.

Merry X'mas & Happy New Year!

December 30, 2011 at 5:19 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home