Sunday, March 16, 2008

In His Shoes...

Europe's politicans are better than ours at sex scandals, brags the excellent Theodore Dalrymple.

Money Q:

"Can there really be a man living, after all, who would relish the idea that every detail of his sex life, past and present, would be revealed to the public and those whom he loves?...

"I wish I could say that I felt sorry for Spitzer, but I don't. His statement that "I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself" makes him sound like the disgraced member of a politburo indulging in self-criticism before being sent into exile in Siberia or Kazakhstan. On the other hand, I don't want to be too hard on him, just in case someone investigates me one day. The fact is that I too have failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself."

Here, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home