Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Book of "Final Salutes"

George Will on Jim Sheeler's new book Final Salute about how America treats its fallen soldiers.

Included are the "just in case" letters written by Army Pfc. Jesse Givens of Fountain, Colorado to...

"My angel, my wife, my love, my friend. If you're reading this, I won't be coming home. . . . Please find it in your heart to forgive me for leaving you alone."

To his son Dakota: "I will always be there in our park when you dream so we can still play together. . . . I'll be in the sun, shadows, dreams, and joys of your life."

To his unborn son: "You were conceived of love and I came to this terrible place for love."

Heartbreaking and heroic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Righties will buy this book out of respect, as a salute to our brvae lost soldiers. While bitter Libs will buy it to use in their continued weeping about the costs of this war in their ongoing efforts to bash Bush.
It is disgusting how the Left has played their cheap hurt feelings political games with our dead soldiers as their fodder.

July 7, 2008 at 11:32 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home