Thursday, March 10, 2011

Daylin Leach: V.I.P.

I think my Pen Pal relationship with Sen. Daylin Leach is coming to an end. In response to my response to his response, etc. he writes:
Again, I don't get a free car. I pay for my car. I only get reimbursed for work miles.

And I didn't "flee the field". I just have a lot more important things
to do than engage in lengthy environmental debates with someone who
clearly has absolutely no knowledge of the topic just to give you
material for a blog which I'm guessing about 8 people read. Lets just
agree to disagree from this point forward.
As I understand it, Sen. Leach drives a state car from the state fleet, which means he doesn't have to pay to maintain the vehicle or insure it. All he pays for is gas, and he gets reimbursed for that when he drives for "work."

If my company gave me a car to park in my driveway and to drive wherever and whenever I wanted, I would consider it a nice (untaxable) perk or benefit, in so far as it would save me the considerable expense of buying my own car.

As for the rest, I have no doubt our fine state senator has a lot of things to do that he considers "more important" than having to defend his own silly statements and tax-raising proposals.

So, by all means, let's just agree to disagree.

2 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

It seems like both of the stories dominating the blog this week are about clueless behavior.

The criminal trial in Maryland about Molin's apparent criminal activity seems worse because it involves the death of his mother, though it could rightfully be attributed to his serious mental condition.

I would submit, however, that Leach's cluelessness is the more disturbing behavior. He is fattening his own wallet at the taxpayer's expense, and rationalizing it as benefits that he and the other governmental elite deserve.

Molin's crime is ultimately going to just cause him, his family and his friends to suffer. Leach's entitlement mentality is going to literally and morally bankrupt the lives of millions of Pennsylvanians.

March 10, 2011 at 4:30 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very astute comments on both situations, Jake... I have to agree that Representative Leach's clulessness is the more disturbing behavior. Mr. Molin has apparently been known by many to have a mental disability of some extent. Unfortunately, however, our society doesn't also consider people like Mr. Leach, who denies a "free car" even though the taxpayers of the Commonwealth purchased it and pays for its insurance, as somehow deficient in cognitive skills. Instead, we reelect them.

March 10, 2011 at 10:56 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home