Monday, March 7, 2011

Snow Hill Murders

Snow Hill, Md. - I arrived in this quaint little river town here late this afternoon for the trial of Steve Molin that starts tomorrow. I am staying at bed and breakfast called the River House Inn. The courthouse is just down the street.

The new owners of the place, as of last December, Rick and Dwayne, aren't here. But they left the door to the cottage open for me.

For a late lunch I went to the only bar open in town, The Harvest Moon Tavern. A local defense attorney was in there for a couple of belts before going home to his wife's "Chicken Surprise."

He wasn't very familiar with the Molin case but he knows Molin's lawyer, a public defender named Burton Anderson. He said he's a good guy and a very competent lawyer.

Having been overheard telling the bartender Tammy, that I'm here for the murder trial, a couple of ladies asked me "which one?"

In 2007, a young mother of two named Christine Sheddy went missing. The case was treated as a missing person's case until a year ago, Feb 27, when detectives got a tip from a prison informant where they could find her remains.

Turns out she was killed and buried about 20 yards from where I am laying my head down to sleep tonight, right on the property of the River House Inn.

The 19-year-old brother of a former gardner for the River House Inn property has been charged with the crime. He goes on trial in June.

The Internet here is goofy. I'm going to try to straighten it out. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home