Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Chevy Volt Quest Continues

(Posted by Dannytheman)

The news that GM will be calling back, instead of a recall, of 8000 Chevy Volts shows me something.
It shows me that they know why they catch on fire, and now finally have a fix.
But in reading a bit further I see a Congressman AND Chevy Dealership Owner, Mike Kelly (R) of Butler, PA introduced HR 3768.
HR 3768 would eliminate the tax break of $7500 dollars that buyers of the Volt receive. He's a smart guy, and better businessman!
       

          While our nation borrows 42 cents on every dollar, taxpayers are paying for an electric vehicle tax credit that has cost tens of millions of dollars, and that largely benefits upper-income   Americans. According to General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson, the average income of a Volt owner is $170,000 a year."
"I introduced legislation to repeal the $7,500 electric vehicle tax credit because, quite simply, our nation can no longer afford to subsidize vehicles that not only lack market demand, but whose safety has been called into question. In addition to the Chevy Volt, which is currently under federal investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration after the batteries of three crash-tested Volts caught on fire, the safety of Fisker's electric vehicle has been recently scrutinized as well."
No Market Demand and Safety Risk.  Yup, I agree.  But then again, I've been saying this for months! 


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a "Voly?" Your proofreaders out to lunch?

January 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM 
Blogger Dannytheman said...

Thanks for catching that! My mistake, completely.

January 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM 
Blogger Bob Bohne said...

Danny - No big deal. We all mispel(sic) now and then. I was hoping Jake would come to your rescue and blame the permissive liberal society that encourages things like ebonics.

January 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM 
Blogger jake said...

Not to come to Danny's rescue, but what misspelling?

January 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM 
Blogger CharlieSix said...

Great post, Danny. Thanks for spreading the good news on the legislative initiative to do away with the tax credit that has, for the most part, benefitted only the 1%ers.

January 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM 
Blogger CharlieSix said...

I agree, Jake, and will indeed come to Danny's defense. I don't see any misspelling.

January 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM 
Blogger CharlieSix said...

Great post, Danny. Thanks for spreading the good news on the legislative initiative to do away with the tax credit that has, for the most part, benefitted only the 1%ers.

January 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM 
Blogger Bob Bohne said...

You tell them Danny.

January 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM 
Blogger Dannytheman said...

My editor arrived and fixed my spelling error. Thanks to him!!

Since we can't get any electric cars constructed safely, maybe we can get some folks to get started on that Keystone Pipeline? Maybe start more fracking here in PA?

January 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM 
Blogger Bob Bohne said...

Danny - Let me know if you're interested in one of my new T-shirts. It read's "I WENT TO FRACKIN PA AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS FRACKIN T SHIRT" It only comes in black. One size fits all.

January 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home