Thursday, March 15, 2012

The End of the Affair

I have just returned from the Delaware County courthouse where the matter of Snyder vs. Lombardi has finally been put to rest.

After haranguing a very patient Judge George Pagano who had found her in contempt of court and threatened to put her in jail last December, Paula Lombardi finally signed the papers that she had been ordered to sign, thus bringing to an end a 13-year court case involving two houses, a mortgage a lien and a romantic relationship gone bad.

At one point, Ms. Lombardi told Judge Pagano that the plaintiff's lawyer was misleading the court about a conversation she had with him Tuesday morning when I happened to be present in her home. She told the judge that I was in courtroom could verify everything she said. Lucky for her I was not asked to take the witness stand.

Sitting silently through the proceeding in a gray suit was Fred Snyder, who was represented by attorney James Kelly of Upper Darby.

Having spent an hour and a half listening to Lombardi go on and on about the case, in which she ended up representing herself, I asked Snyder if he wished to comment.

"No" he said, "You wouldn't want to hear what I have to say."

When I assured him that I would, his lawyer intervened.

"I would advise you not to say a word," he told his client, "because he (meaning me) would properly quote you and no good can come from that..."

For her part, Lombardi said what I wrote in my column Wednesday about "Hell has no fury, or whatever it was" was wrong.

"I told you this case was not about Fred Snyder. This is about an injustice in the courts." Adding... "I don't ever want to see Fred's ugly face again."




8 Comments:

Anonymous Rus said...

At least it is over. Thank you for the reporting on it, especially the follow ups from your article.

March 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM 
Blogger Richard Liberatoscioli said...

... typical Gil "community watchdog" Spencer reporter....

... gets a criminal public corruption story and turns "township lapdog" reporter

The very definition of "yellow journalism"


Richard Liberatoscioli
richard.liberatoscioli@gmail.com

March 17, 2012 at 1:18 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything sounds good until someone sets the record straight.
Obviously, Spencer was told to take the focus off the judge and make Lombardi out to be a scorn woman. Snyder was ordered to sign a quitclaim deed of Lombardi's Springfield home. How come Spencer didn't mention that? I was in the courtroom that morning.

March 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM 
Blogger Richard Liberatoscioli said...

.... Does anyone know where Gil studied journalism? ..... He has a reporting style identical to reporters in North Korea.

March 20, 2012 at 4:06 AM 
Blogger CharlieSix said...

Mr. Liberatoscioli: You are obviously not a person detached from the underlying issues in "The End of the Affair." Yellow journalism? I am 100% confident that any objectiven person, as opposed to one who is personally, emotionally involved in the case, would see clearly that Mr. Spencer presented the facts. Your accusations of "yellow journalism" are not worthy of response and, hence, I am not at all surprised that Mr. Spencer has responded. Kudos to him for rising above your baseless statement. And your question regarding where Mr. Spencer studied jouranilism, and the blatantly derogatory tag line, posted at 4:06 AM on 3/20/12 shows that even today, three days after your original post, that you are on a mission to denegrate Mr. Spencer's objective reporting and commentary. Sad, Mr. Liberatoscioli or whoever you really are.

March 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM 
Blogger Richard Liberatoscioli said...

"Mr. Liberatoscioli: You are obviously not a person detached from the underlying issues in "The End of the Affair"

True ... criminal public corruption steals the very life out of community and country. Everyone should be attached to its dangers.

"Yellow journalism? I am 100% confident that any objectiven person, as opposed to one who is personally, emotionally involved in the case, would see clearly that Mr. Spencer presented the facts."

Only an idiot would make such a statement.
Do you think MLKjr. wasn't personally and emotionally involved in his quest of seeking justice?


"I am not at all surprised that Mr. Spencer has (not?) responded"

I am not either ... he would be risking before the entire community scrutiny of his alleged yellow journalism.

I would be happy to meet and debate with Mr. Spencer in any public forum (TV,Newspaper,community cable,etc.)
for him to demonstrate how his reporting is not yellow journalism.

Richard Liberatoscioli
richard.liberatoscioli@gmail.com

March 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM 
Blogger CharlieSix said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM 
Blogger paula said...

Because I do not trust this paper to post the truth, I will not rebut Spencer's lies here.
I know so many people in this area that no matter where I go, they let me know how bad they feel for me. Therefore, I feel an obligation to save my reputation from slander and to let the truth be known as to why I called this paper in the first place. Never did I think the facts would be so twisted as they were.
So, the truth can be found at: "delawarecountycorruption"

April 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home