Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jobbed!

What do Newspaper Reporters, Oil Rig Workers, Soldiers, Dairy Farmers and Lumberjacks have in common?

We all do the least desirable jobs in America.

Barron's has the Top 5 most desirable jobs, the Bottom 5 least desirable and the 190 in between.
Here are the Top 5:


1Software Engineer
2Actuary
3Human Resources Manager
4Dental Hygienist
5Financial Planner

The bottom five, are listed above. Yes, these are tough, thankless jobs, - especially oil rigging and lumber-jacking - but somebody has to do them. And all of them beat the unemployment line.


2 Comments:

Blogger CharlieSix said...

Thankfully you don't shy from being a stalwart in one of the lower level of most desirable jobs... You alone cannot change the ranking but you alone can and have provided good information to your loyal readers. It isn't expressed often enough but your excellent journalism, in print and on the web, are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

April 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM 
Anonymous Rus said...

CharlieSix is right on.

Is there a distinction between software engineer and computer programmer/systems analyst? I saw this list about a week ago and thought how the composers of that list came to that conclusion. I feel that my experiences are somewhat typical. I have worked for decades on call 24 by 7. I have had occassions where with company in the house I have had to return to work to fix a problem not caused by me. I have had stints working 84 hour weeks. In 1996 one elasted almost 6 months. There are 168 hours in a week. I have worked a 72 hour shift and hundreds of 24 hour shifts.

These guys call that nice work. gth

April 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home