Friday, August 3, 2012

Advice for Buzz

One last bit of advice for Buzz Bissinger... the term "douchejuice," aside from being adolescent, doesn't alliterate very well. As one writer to another, he should consider losing it from his lexicon.

Or at least talk it over with his attorney.

UPDATE: Surprise! Just a few minutes after writing the above, I got a phone call from none other than Buzz Bissinger. He asked if we could have an "off the record" conversation. I said we could and we did.

Because it was off the record I will not discuss what was said. I will only say that it was a pleasant and polite conservation and even a compliment or two was passed in my direction. We agreed to get together in the not too distant future...  without legal representation.

After talking to Buzz I was made aware of a new post by Philly Mag's Richard Rys concerning the Bissinger/Spencer controversy.

I appreciate Rich's take on all this. Thanks, Rich.


3 Comments:

Blogger Dannytheman said...

6 years in the service, 20 years riding Harleys and this is the first time ever I heard that term.

August 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM 
Blogger CharlieSix said...

An excellent article by Mr. Rys. I will look forward to learing the outcomeof the proposed face-to-face between Mr. Spencer and Mr. Bissinger...

August 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM 
Blogger Bob Bohne said...

Gil - I took the time to read the complete Phila. mag story on Ward from Jan. 2007. It was very difficult to read, and extremely depressing. That being said, I have to agree with you that there are similarities,. Both men worked at prestigious institutions, both had established organizations to help young boys, both had these boys staying with them at their homes and both continued to be involved with young boys with the knowledge of their co-workers.

August 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home