Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Michael Mann Calls Me a Name... Oh Dear!

My piece on Penn State's litigious climatologist Michael Mann ran today in the Pottstown Mercury. (Thanks guys.) The original can be read here.

It was read there by a reader who sent me the note below:

Mr. Spencer,

You don't know me and I didn’t know you until today when, for kicks, I visited Michael Mann’s FB page. You were featured prominently in the first post.

It said in his post that you attacked him.
I was interested to see for myself and so I read the article. It was about the Steyn comment and had quite a bit about the Hustler/Falwell case. You tentatively concluded that since the Supreme Court had ruled that it is within someone’s free speech rights to criticize a public figure, National Review may prevail.

So I questioned Mann’s assertion and pointed on his page that in my opinion, Mr. Spencer had not attacked him. I didn’t say anything more than that. I merely question his statement.

I went back to do a little editing and I saw that the comment had been removed and I was blocked from posting forevermore.

Then I read his follow-up comment... saying you have a record of  hate and intolerance and to prove this he cited another of your articles.

It was primarily a piece in which you question whether a school should be inculcating ideas about the ‘tolerance of gayness’. No hatred...just a few questions.
Which brings me to my question, does Michael Mann know how to read? I really didn’t like him before but I had no idea if the immensity of his ignorance and his capacity for hysterical proclamations. It makes me frightened that I share the world with powerful people like him who don’t have any sense.

Happy New Year,
Alice Suszynski

1 Comments:

Blogger Dannytheman said...

Hopefully you sent a few kisses to Alice?

January 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home