Thursday, January 3, 2013

Corbett v. NCAA: UPDATE

I have just learned that the Corbett Administration's lawsuit against the NCAA for its outrageous sanctions against Penn State is being handled by former Pa. State Senate candidate and Delco resident Melissa Maxman.

A few years ago she moved from Swarthmore to Washington D.C. to become a member in Cozen O'Conner P.C.'s Commercial Litigation Group and the co-chair of the Antitrust Practice Group. 

I've got a call into her to ask her about the legal merits of this lawsuit. I hope to hear from her soon.

UPDATE: I talked to Melissa Maxman briefly, she referred all calls to the governors office. But here is a copy of the lawsuit. It's worth the read. It is unstinting in it's contempt of the NCAA and its president Mark Emmert and it alleges the NCAA violated its own rules and procedures and unlawfully punished Penn State in order to burnish its own crappy reputation.

I'll be writing more about this for tomorrow's paper.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This information is worth everyone's attention. Where can I find out more?
Also see my page - clicca qui

February 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home