Saturday, November 28, 2009

Party Crashers in Perspective

As for the White House gate crashers story it brings to mind a poem read to me by my mother when I was 8 years old and recovering from surgery in the hospital.

It came from a tomb call The Big Book of Jokes and Riddles and it went like this:

Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack jumped over
a candlestick.
Big deal.


When my mom read that I laughed so hard I nearly popped a stitch.

Crashing a party at the White House may not be quite as funny, but when it comes to "big deals" it's about as impressive as jumping over an unlit candle.

2 Comments:

Blogger steve mcdonald said...

A+ job, secret service...

November 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM 
Blogger jake said...

I don't blame the Secret Service.
Compared to Bill Ayers, Valerie Jarrett, and Van Jones, the party crashers were probably the most respectable people at the event.

November 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home