Monday, March 14, 2011

Janet Greenberg, R.I.P.

Sad news. Broomall's Janet Greenberg, deemed the state's Ambassador to Unclaimed Property due to her efforts to let people know they had money waiting for them they didn't know they had, has died. She was 79.

I first met Janet back in July of 2008 and wrote her up. That column was noticed by someone at the state's Department of the Treasury. She was honored with the title a couple of weeks later.

I wrote about Janet again last year and she sent me a batch of Hope's Cookies. Here's that column..

She was a nice lady and the best kind of busy body.

She died last week. Her daughter Rhonda called to let me know but I was out of town and didn't get the message until today.

May she rest in peace. God has reclaimed His property.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very touching conclusion to the post... God has certainly reclaimed His property. Ah but there would be someone to carry on the good work Janet did... Hopefully your blog post will inspire someone to walk in her shoes... Thanks, Gil...

March 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home