Sunday, July 4, 2010

Justin Time

Justin Rose has a four-shot lead at Aronimink. Last week he blew a three-shot lead at Hartford to lose. The week before he came from four back to win at the Memorial. Here's what he had to say about those experiences when he came off the course yesterday.
Q. Can you talk about last week going into the final round, what your mindset was? Second part, you seem to be very relaxed, put it all behind you.

JUSTIN ROSE: Yeah, I mean, I felt like I was a better player Monday after Hartford than going into Sunday because I felt like I learned a couple things.

It's funny, having just won a golf tournament, I hadn't actually been in contention it felt like I hadn't been in contention that much, even though I just won. I had the confidence of winning and that made the pill easier to swallow. But the more times you are in contention, the easier it does become.

I think Hartford, playing with a lead, it's the first time I've done that for a long, long time, so I faced some different emotions. The back nine at the Memorial I knew I had the lead, and I closed it out really nicely, and I was committed to my shots, continued to stay really free, so I know I can do it.

But just Hartford felt like a long, long week, just starting the way I did, getting out of the blocks quickly, and you know what, my game actually wasn't that good at Hartford, believe it or not. I feel like I'm a lot more comfortable with a lot more aspects of my game this week.

But then obviously mentally, I felt like I was mentally pretty good on Sunday, just sort of physically I felt a little bit tight. I was doing all the right things; my body just wasn't with me, as well.

So going into tomorrow, yeah, I guess just the challenge is to continue to be as loose as possible and free, you know what I mean?
You've got to love his chances today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home